Thiruvananthapuram: A young TV actor claimed on Friday that he was forced to act in an adult film by a female director.
The 26-year-old filed a complaint with the police and said he had been coerced into starring in the adult film, which may soon be released on an OTT platform. The OTT platform released a teaser of the film shortly after the complaint was filed.
The youngster said he was close to committing suicide and filed a complaint with the authorities to block the release of the film on the streaming platform.
Meanwhile, the film’s director says the actor agreed to 90% nudity before he started filming the film. The actors in the film also took the consent of their respective families, she said.
The signing of the agreement was also captured on video.
Vizhinjam police said a cheating case was filed against the film’s director and the streaming platform based on his complaint.
“We have registered a case. We will now register the statement of the crew. The investigation is ongoing,” police said.
The Venganoor native, who worked in the TV series industry, alleged he was forced to star in the adult film after tricking him into signing a deal.
“As it was my first shoot, I didn’t read the deal well. The crew rushed to start shooting. They took me to a room and said it was a movie for adults and that I should act accordingly. When I refused, they said I signed an agreement,” he claimed.
He said they refused to let him go unless he pays Rs 5 lakh for breaching the agreement.
“Since it was in a remote place, I couldn’t run away,” the man told various TV stations.
Speaking to the media from a friend’s house, the man said he would not be able to face family and friends if the film was released.
(With PTI entries.)